Call for applications for General Service positions – Group 2 candidates
This is an open call for applications for UNHCR Group 2 candidates for General Service positions. Successfully screened candidates will be given access to apply to internally advertised GS positions with the UNHCR Representation in Baku, Azerbaijan.
What is Group 2?
UNHCR uses candidate groups in the recruitment for General Service positions. Group 2 is a candidate pool consisting of people who fall under the categories below, with one year of continuous or cumulative service in UNHCR/UN1 in the country of the vacancy.
- Current2 locally recruited UNHCR staff members holding a Temporary Appointment
- Former locally recruited UNHCR staff members who held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment (within 2 years of separation for males and 5 years for females).
- National United Nations Volunteers currently working for
- National UNOPS and Individual Contractors currently working for
- Current UNHCR General Service staff members holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment applying to a position two grades above the staff member’s personal
- Current UNHCR staff members in the International Professional category holding an indefinite or fixed- term appointment.
- Current UNHCR National Professional Officers holding an indefinite or fixed-term
- Current locally recruited female staff members from other UN system organizations holding the equivalent of an indefinite or fixed-term
Group 2 status is valid for three years, during which candidates will be given access to apply for internal UNHCR GS vacancies in Azerbaijan.
How to get into Group 2?
Interested candidates should submit their general application to this call applications. Please download and fill out the P-11 – Personal History Form and its supplementary pages (if applicable), and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Group 2 Azerbaijan” in the subject line.
What are the other Groups?
Candidates for vacancy announcements in the GS category are divided in Group 1, Group 2 and external candidates. Group 1 consists of current GS staff members in UNHCR who hold an indefinite or fixed-term appointment, and are granted priority consideration in the recruitment/assignment process. Group 2 are candidates mentioned above. External candidates are all other candidates who do not fall under Group 1 and Group 2.