: 21/Aug/2019, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FEAZE
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 11 Months (with possible extension)
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Melek Cakmak, Head of Office
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of Deputy Head of Partnership and Liaison Office, operational supervision of Administrative Specialist and direct supervision of FAPP Team Leader and AMAL Project Team Leader, the Driver will perform the following tasks:
- Timely and safe driving of project employees, consultants, project guests, project visitors, FAO staff in the project official vehicle at the authorization from the project management, including, but not limited to driving the project staff to regions and within Baku;
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle; check oil, water, battery, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repair necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times, maintain the vehicle in clean condition;
- Maintaining daily vehicle logs (mileage, fuel consumption, travel routs) and submitting logs to the Project Officer on a timely basis;
- Ensuring that all instructions regulating safe driving behaviour and Rules of the Road are in hand and strictly followed;
- Ensuring that the vehicle has valid insurance and first aid kit;
- Driving the project’s vehicle for delivery and collection of mails, documents, pouches, equipment and other administrative tasks as required under the project;
- Handle local and organisational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organisational and local/country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly;
- Performing other duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
- A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
- Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
- Ability to cope with extended working hours.
- Work experience in corporate environments.
- Working knowledge of English and Azerbaijani.
- National of Azerbaijan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website:http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
|Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT