Special Vacancy Notice
SVN Number: AZVN2019-03
Position Title: Project Clerk
Duty Station: Baku, Azerbaijan
Classification: General Service Staff, Ungraded
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 11 December, 2019
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, direct supervision of the Programme Assistant, the successful candidate will assist in the implementation of “Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration” projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide clerical assistance in operational return and reintegration (counseling, reintegration and monitoring services) for individual returnees on case by case basis upon request of sending missions. Services includes:
a. Process AVRR cases, including registration of incoming cases, systematic follow-up with IOM overseas Mission and relevant stakeholders on cases.
b. Provide general counselling to returnees on establishment of an income generating activity by email, over the phone, and in person at the IOM office.
c. Follow-up the reintegration process by delivery of reintegration and medical support to returnees in close coordination with the sending Missions’
caseworkers and ensure timely preparation/submission of related documents and reports in accordance with donors requirements.
d. Conducting monitoring visit on site and/or by phone after delivery of assistance.
2. Provide return-relevant information upon request of IOM Missions and respond to
enquiries from authorities/overseas missions and/or from AVRR beneficiaries regarding
regular migration and return matters.
3. Carrying out other necessary assigned administrative tasks for the smooth operation of AVRR Unit.
4. Assist in preparation of necessary return related documents, such as reports, letters, meeting minutes, activity updates, etc.
5. Provide support to the informal translation and editing of documents as required.
6. Undertake duty travel as may be required.
7. Perform other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Completed secondary/high school education with at least two years of relevant work experience in the area of project implementation and reporting, or;
• University degree in Social Science and Economics from an accredited academic institution with one-year relevant work experience in the above fields.
• Experience at an international level with specialized international agencies UN Agencies, International Organizations, and International specialized NGOs) is desired;
• Good knowledge of UN, IOM, International Organizations and NGO mandates and programmes in the area of migrants’ rights in humanitarian assistance;
• Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis an added advantage.
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities, other national / international institutions
Fluency in English and Azerbaijani is required. Working knowledge of Russian is advantageous
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a motivation letter in English by indicating name of the position applied with its SVN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of 11 December 2019.
Please note that only CVs with motivation letter will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.