: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 11 months (with possibility of extension)
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Melek Cakmak, Head of Office
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Azerbaijan, operational supervision of Assistant FAOR, Program/Operations Officer and the FAPP Manager, in close collaboration with the staff of the Office, technical experts and project personnel (national and international consultants) and in close collaboration with the project counterparts, especially the Agrarian Credits and Development Agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, the Project Assistant will be responsible for the following activities:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University/Master’s degree on social and administrative sciences such as economics, statistics, business administration, political sciences, international relations, sociology, social work, development studies with a focus on rural and community development and/or a degree on agrarian sciences or agronomy with an understanding of social and economic dimensions of rural and agrarian contexts
- Experience working with rural communities, rural business development or organization of trainings
- Knowledge or ability of learning and understanding the FAO Guidelines;
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Azerbaijani; Russian will be asset.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in similar assignments (project/program management)
- National of Azerbaijan or resident in the country
FAO Core Competencies
Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
|Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT