Organizational Unit: FEAZE
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Azerbaijan
Duration: 32 DAYS ON WAE BASIS(WHEN ACTUALLY EMPLOYED)
Post Number: N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Bariz Mehdiyev, Assistant to the Head of Office
The project “Development of sustainable and inclusive local agro-food systems in north-west region of Azerbaijan” aims to establish local agro-food systems that integrate sustainable food production, processing, marketing, distribution and consumption supported by a demand driven agricultural advisory services system in the north-west region of Azerbaijan (Gakh, Zagatala and Balakan).
In this context, under the overall supervision of the Head of FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan, the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer and the FAO GIAHS Specialist, and in collaboration with the International Consultant on Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS), the consultant will contribute to leveraging national and global recognition of the importance of agricultural heritage systems through awareness-raising and capacity building based on an assessment of existing policies and incentive mechanisms related to agricultural heritage, and identify regulatory policies and incentives to support the conservation and viability of the target region.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Consult with relevant government authorities on the importance and value of Globally Important Agriculture Heritage Systems; when possible, organize 1-2 meetings with potential focal points for GIAHS in the country. If there is interest, provide technical guidance on the creation of a multi-stakeholder GIAHS National Committee.
- Facilitate participation of relevant authorities in a regional GIAHS workshop; facilitate the nomination of at least one focal point in the most relevant institution (in one Ministry) to be invited to future meetings.
- Gather information and conduct an assessment of existing policies and incentive mechanisms related to agricultural heritage.
- Identify at least three potential sites that comply with the five GIAHS criteria.
- Organize at least two meetings with the local community to make sure that a participatory methodology is implemented when selecting the potential GIAHS sites.
- Facilitate a national level workshop to increase awareness on the GIAHS concept; in coordination with the National focal point identified, to ensure ownership by national/local authorities.
- Perform any other related duties and activities as required by the International Consultant and LTO.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
A university degree in relevant field, such as agribusiness, agro-industry, food processing, agriculture, and marketing
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in agricultural, rural, and community development projects
- Language proficiency in both written and oral English is required
- National of Azerbaijan
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in GIAHS identification and application process;
- Experience in agricultural policy review and agricultural value chain assessment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team oriented work style, interest and experience of working in multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated flexibility in leadership by performing and/or overseeing the analysis/resolution of complex issues;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to provide credible leadership;
- Demonstrated capacity to facilitate in-depth, outcome oriented, stakeholder dialogues;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present comprehensive reports
- Strong capabilities in formulating complex scopes of work
- Excellent computer skills especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Completes tasks in a timely, cost-effective way and/or escalated properly
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT