|Organizational Setting: FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Reports to: Melek Cakmak, Head of Office
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Tajikistan and technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO), and in close coordination with national counterpart staff and the National Project Coordinator (NPC), the Consultant will undertake the following duties:
· Discuss with the stakeholders the project objectives and raise awareness;
· Develop the detailed workplan of the Project;
· Carry out the consultations with the key agencies providing the agricultural extension services to the farmers and validate the technical areas and topics for conducting trainings on sustainable crop production intensification;
· Based on identified needs develop a procurement plan, develop technical specifications and tender documents, procure and deliver the tools;
· Organize a national workshop to present and discuss the study and the draft outlines of the national strategy on development of agricultural extension system in Tajikistan;
· Coordinate the activities to be carried out by the Service Provider under the LoA;
· Participate in technical capacity and information dissemination system development activities;
· Carry out any other activities relevant to this assignment, including ensuring and monitoring women’s participation
· Detailed workplan of the project developed.
· Topics for conducting trainings on sustainable crop production intensification defined.
· National workshop organized to present and discuss the study and the draft outlines of the national strategy on development of agricultural extension system in Tajikistan
· Second national workshop organized
· Monthly reports summarizing his/her findings, conclusions and recommendations submitted.