|Title of Assignment||Individual contractor for coordination and production of communication-related elements in support of the “Development Community and Family-based Integrated Social Service for the most Vulnerable Children in Azerbaijan” programme|
|Duration||From: 15.03.2020 To: 15.02.2021|
Advocacy and public engagement are major parts of UNICEF’s activities in Azerbaijan. Communication to create space for children’s issues in the public agenda and reach audiences with UNICEF’s key messages is one of the main thrusts of the country programme.
As part of the EU-funded “Development of Community and Family-based Integrated Social Service for the most Vulnerable Children in Azerbaijan” programme implemented by UNICEF, efforts will be made to highlight the impact of the EU-UNICEF initiative in the public domain. At national level, efforts will be made to engage local media in visiting and reporting on the impact of the initiative on the lives of children, families and service providers. Special focus on advocacy and communication will be made during envisaged awareness raising campaigns (e.g. nationwide campaign on promotion of early childhood development).
Under the overall supervision of the Communication and Partnerships Specialist the contractor will be responsible for coordinating all the public information work on implementation of the EU-UNICEF initiative and producing communication materials for UNICEF external communication, support visibility.
- Key assignments and tasks
- Coordinate and oversee public information components of activities implemented by NGOs, to ensure effective implementation of the programme’s communication strategy and donor recognition;
- Work collaboratively with NGOs to coordinate communications, content development (press releases, factsheets, talking points, web updates, human interest stories, videos and social media content)
- Assist UNICEF-videographers/photographers in developing creative multimedia materials highlighting project implementation.
- Generate written content for UNICEF reports, social media platforms on project implementation;
- Prepare communications reports for internal monitoring.
- Perform any other tasks required by supervisor within the scope of work outlined.
- Identify new opportunities for communication activities
- Deliverables, timeframe and payment schedule
The provisional distribution of the working days for the consultancy will be as follows (subject to further clarification and changes if needed):
|Expected deliverable||Timeframe & deadline|
|1.||Coordination of NGO communication work||Monthly|
|3.||Develop communication reports||Monthly|
|4.||Develop a workplan with timeline in support of the communication activities quarterly with an approval of the supervisor||Monthly|
Deliverables will be provided in English. UNICEF in Azerbaijan will arrange any required translation. UNICEF will issue a contract in AZN. The payment will be made in AZN by bank transfer.
The contract amount will be negotiated with successful candidate(s) being guided by UNICEF applicable fee range.
Payment will only be made for work satisfactorily completed and accepted by UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if work/outputs is incomplete, not delivered or for failure to meet deadlines. All materials developed will remain the copyright of UNICEF and UNICEF will be free to adapt and modify them in the future.
- Qualifications/specialized knowledge/experience required to complete the task.
- At least 5 years of experience related to writing/editing, development work
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media, social sciences or relevant humanities
- Proficiency in English. Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Previous project management experience in communication campaigns;
- Previous experience in development of the multimedia products is desirable;
- Availability for regular travel to districts;
- Familiarity with UNICEF’s mission and mandate.
- Supervision and working environment:
The contractor will be direct supervised by the Communication and Partnership Specialist.
The consultant will work through the period of March 2020 – February 2021 remotely.
- Administrative and travel arrangement
The consultant will be expected to travel if needed. Per diems for local trips at a rate approved by UNICEF Azerbaijan will be applied for travel. Local transportation costs will be covered as per the rate to be agreed with UNICEF.
Interested individuals should complete their profile in UNICEF’s e-Recruitment system https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=529861 and submit the following documents:
- A cover/motivation letter
- A technical proposal, if applicable
- A financial offer, with a daily rate in AZN
- Samples of original written work in English from the last two years.
Deadline: 26 February 2020, 18:00.
Consultants and individual contractors, regardless of contract duration, must complete the applicable mandatory training courses no later than 30 days after the start of the contract, or provide copies of the completion certificate(s).
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages to apply qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities.