Organizational Unit: FEAZE
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Azerbaijan-Baku
Duration: 12 months with 6 month probation
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Melek Cakmak, Head of Office
Under the direct supervision of Head/Representative of Partnership and Liaison Office in close collaboration with Deputy Head of Office and FAO Azerbaijan Partnership Program (FAPP) Team Leader, and guidance from the Regional HR Officer as appropriate, the Admin Specialist will perform the following tasks.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and support for effective management of the organization’s activities in the areas of administration, HR, finance and budgeting control;
- Arrange and supervise the well-functioning and maintenance of FAO Office designated for FAPP including provision of office supply and equipment; rental agreements, cleaning of the office and tea services, and security as needed;
- Prepare or finalize administrative ,HR and financial correspondence and reporting for the office, including the processing of payments in accordance with established rules; maintains a filing system and ensures that an appropriate electronic/paper trail with key documentation is archived;
- Support and oversee the recruitment procedures, including finalization of Terms of References, drafting of Vacancy Announcements, screening of applications, organization of interviews, and facilitate outreach to attract potential candidates.;
- Ensure that all FAO activities are administered according to the existing rules and regulations, adhering to the rules of transparency, accountability, fairness and best value for money;
- Support the compliance with the Organization’s security guidelines (Minimum Operational Security Standards ‘ MOSS) as a back-up of Assistant FAO Representative;
- Prepare/update on quarterly basis staff/Non Staff HR (NSHR) plans;
- Follow up with receipt and implementation of Quarterly HR Plans related to Field Program/projects;
- Assist with the preparation of periodic (weekly) HR monitoring report for recruitments for the Office and under programme/projects;
- Coordinate preparation of paper-based FAO QAR (quality assessment report)) plans for NSHR;
- Provide support in the preparation of budget planning particularly related to NSHR, office supply and equipment, office retreat and staff development needs;
- Assist in the coordination of audit and FAPP evaluation missions and follows on due preparation of related for information and supporting documents;
- Oversee the provision of necessary logistical arrangements for all FAPP activities including correspondence, communication, trainings and other events, visibility actions such as publications;
- Lead the preparation of risk assessment and development of corresponding security plans, monitoring and implementing necessary measures to mitigate potential risk;
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all financial records and monitoring systems of the office and assists with monitoring of various accounts; supervises and/or maintains imprest accounts; ensures that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent; and reports variations from budgets;
- Coordinate the administrative , HR and procurement team; assisting with organizing and/or retrieving, entering, selecting and analysing data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems;
- Ensure that all procurement and custom clearances for programmes, projects and the office are properly requested and obtained;
- Assist with the preparation of recurring reports on programme, project and office accounts; provides support in the preparation of reports for budget planning, audits and other related requests ; and liaises with local banks and financial institutions;
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- National of Azerbaijan.
- Bachelor’s degree in fields such as business, economics, and public administration and in other social sciences
- 5 years of relevant experience in office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance
- Level C knowledge of English
- Working knowledge of Azerbaijani
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Works in a team environment and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills and applies them in the work
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Completes tasks in a timely, cost-effective way and/or escalated properly
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT