Job Type : Non-staff opportunities
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan implements “Increasing Youth Employment Project – AMAL (Phase I)” in close partnership with the Agency for Agro Credits and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture in the framework of FAO-Azerbaijan Partnership Programme. The project supports enhancement of self-employability and entrepreneurship opportunities of rural young women and men, including from vulnerable groups, through development of necessary skills, access to services and financing and mainstreaming green agriculture for Decent Rural Employment (DRE) in development strategies.
Melek Cakmak, Head of Office
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Azerbaijan, the operational supervision of the Programme/Operations Officer, FAPP Manager, AMAL Communication Adviser and FEAZE Communication Specialist, the technical supervision of Land Tenure Officer/RI1 Delivery Manager, REU or their representative (for UTF/AZE/013/AZE) and Programme Officer (partnership) (for UTF/AZE/001/AZE), in close collaboration with the staff of the Office, technical experts and project personnel (national and international consultants) and in close collaboration with the project counterparts, especially the Agrarian Credits and Development Agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, and in accordance with prevailing FAO Corporate Communications policies and practices the Communication Assistant will be responsible for conducting the following activities for UTF/AZE/013/AZE Project and will assist the FAO Office in carrying out such activities for other FAO-Azerbaijan Partnership Programme Projects.
Tasks and responsibilities:
General press and media activities
Graphic Design / Communication materials / Photo and Video materials
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University/Bachelor degree in communications, social sciences or development studies with a focus on rural and community development;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in public relations, with ability to demonstrate previously developed materials;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Azerbaijani
- National of Azerbaijan or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Previous experience working in media, such as TV, radio, newspapers or social media;
- Readiness to travel frequently within the country;
- Possessing sound information technology skills (html) and social media skills (Facebook, Twitter etc.), in particular experience with PR related graphic programs and MS Office;
- Experience working in the rural context is considered an asset;
- Excellent photography skills.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
Please click here for more information.